Sunday, January 29, 2023

Pigeonhole


Back again with another amateur poem after almost three years...


Don’t seduce my mindless mind 

unless it makes you shiver 

Don’t reduce me to a final conclusion

until you score the decider 


I won't mind a heartless dictator 

Putting on a burlesque for your peers

I promise I won't resist 

If you insist, I won't break down in tears


But don’t play those mind games 

The game aint gonna be over 

Don’t go by my ancestral roots

Trust me, you won’t get too far 


If you want, you can be the detective 

on a mission to expose all my illicit affairs

You can judge my unfinished book

skimming through the unwritten chapters


But don’t make those assumptions 

when you are not ready to dive deeper 

Don't normalize my blissful ignorance

when you are not ready climb steeper


I won’t mind if you change my selfish narratives 

And downplay all my credentials

Feel free to dismiss my sweet nothings

Expose all my wasted potentials


But don’t shatter my childhood into pieces

unless you are ready to face blood

Don’t try to rationalize my ulterior motives 

unless you know how to escape a flood

 

If you want, you can be the winner

who has the last word in every contest 

You can be the torch bearer 

walking all over my empty nest 


But don’t seduce my mindless mind 

unless it makes you shiver 

Don’t reduce me to a final conclusion

until you score the decider 


No comments:

Post a Comment