Monday, April 20, 2020

Endless

Finally, it's time for the second poem of the year. The title is inspired by the 2009 Bengali movie of the same name "Antaheen...". Metaphorically, the central idea is similar to someone in lockdown, going through endless mixed emotions in the landscape of the past, present, and future while embracing the uncertainty of life. I am thankful to the readers of my previous poem who encouraged me to write more. Feedback and suggestions are always welcome. Please continue to stay safe and healthy everyone!


Frantically running downtown
Dodging a thousand bullets
Infinite second chances 
A million stumbles later
I walked up the vanishing path
Catching my breath letting it all go

Staring through a series of flashbacks
My mind travels backward
Countless narrow escapes
Untold comebacks later
My racing heart nears a vantage
Bursting into tears letting it all flow

Fast forward to a frozen wish
I wake up numb at a question mark
My scattered words
Fighting an awkward wind
My empty brain cries out a shout
On a wild day letting it all blow

Back to the present day 

Hitting an old dusty trail
Making a way through the wilderness 
I meet your ocean eyes 
My reckless soul stands still 
With a dazzling sunrise letting it all glow


P.S. The overall narrative of the first two stanzas is inspired by a 2018 Bollywood song sequence from the movie "Blackmail", especially the last 2 minutes or so that elevates to a surreal level of ecstasy matching the heartbeat of a broken heart and the insanity of a devastated soul all captured beautifully in a short sequence of distraught run.



No comments:

Post a Comment